- 1 OVERVIEW:
- 2 TECHNICAL INFO:
- 3 CLICK HERE FOR CURRENT PRICE AND MORE DETAILS
- 4 WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT THE WATERROWER CLASSIC ROWING MACHINE:
- 5 OTHER CONSIDERATIONS:
- 6 FINAL WORD ON THE WATERROWER CLASSIC ROWING MACHINE:
- 7 CLICK HERE FOR CURRENT PRICE AND MORE DETAILS
The WaterRower Classic Rowing Machine is a work of art. But before you buy one just to hang it on the wall, the more important feature of course is that this rowing machine is a high-quality, durable, and effective piece of exercise equipment that will help you get in top fitness with ease and low-impact comfort. With a user weight capacity of 1,000 lbs, WaterRower has built the Classic Rowing Machine to take everything you can throw at it. No matter how intense your workouts are, you’re not going to hurt this machine. And it accommodates everyone from beginner rowers to experienced die-hards.
Now back to the aesthetics, this version of WaterRower’s natural wood line of rowers comes in beautiful Black Walnut, which the company chose for its superior sound and vibration absorption. It’s hand-made in the USA and comes with excellent warranties and customer service. Overall, WaterRower is known for the quality of their rowing machines and the Classic is no exception. And if you do want to get this rower just as an attractive conversation piece, it easily stores upright against a wall. That said, we strongly recommend using The WaterRower Classic Rowing Machine for fitness, not just eye-candy.
- Height: 20 inches
- Width: 22.25 inches
- Length: 82.25 inches
- Weight: 66.5 lbs (103.5 lbs with full water tank)
- Patented Water Flywheel that replicates the physical dynamics of rowing giving
realistic and consistent rowing strokes.
- Handcrafted solid American Walnut wood frame and finished with three (3) coats of
Danish oil makes the frame extremely durable.
- Ergonomic seat and footrests molded for comfort and stability.
- Polycarbonate water tank making it virtually indestructible.
- Maximum User Weight: 1,000 lbs.
- The readouts include intensity in a number of measurements, stroke rate, heart rate, distance and duration.
- QuickStart and QuickSelect options allow single button use in order to quickly start
- AutoStore and AutoPreview options store the last nine (9) workout settings that are
easily scrollable for easy recall and viewing.
- Zone and ZoneBar features allow you to set your intensity, stroke rate and heart rate
zones. The feature tracks and tells you when you are inside or outside your zones.
- Distance and duration workout feature allows you to preset and count down your
workout. Average statistics are displayed upon completion.
- Interval workout option allows you to set up to nine (9) work intervals separated by
rest durations. Alarms and statistics prompt you at the end of intervals.
- The advanced monitor settings allow you to:
- Store an addition nine (9) workout setting independent of the AutoStore.
- Projected settings allow you to view anticipated duration and distance during
- Advanced heart rate analysis lets you view maximum rates, time spent above,
below and in your heart rate zone.
- Three (3) year warranty on the frame
- Components have a one (1) year warranty.
- However, by filling out the registration form, the warranties will be extended to five (5) years and three (3) years, respectively.
SHIPPING AND ASSEMBLY:
The Classic is shipped securely and should take no longer than 30 minutes to assemble.
You can expect the Classic Rowing Machine to come shipped in two (2) boxes:
- Height: 23.5 inches
- Width: 28.5 inches
- Length: 24.5 inches
- Weight: 60 lbs
- Height: 6 inches
- Width: 3.25 inches
- Length: 83 inches
- Weight: 23 lbs
This is a company known for quality as well as stewardship for over 20 years. WaterRower hand-crafts their rowing machines to be more than just a workout machine, but also a work of art as well. Also, WaterRower is and has been on the cutting edge of environmental sustainability with their use of the best hardwoods coming from renewable forests. We’re in excellent hands here.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT THE WATERROWER CLASSIC ROWING MACHINE:
WaterRower is well known for building high quality rowing machines. When you purchase the Classic Rowing Machine in Black Walnut, you are getting a superior product that is comfortable, durable, and easy to use. Another great thing about this rower is that from the time it is delivered, you can be rowing within the hour.
QUALITY & DURABILITY
The WaterRower Classic Rowing Machine is handcrafted from solid American walnut wood, finished in Danish oil. WaterRower also claims to keep the walnut wood pieces away from light to protect them from shadowing until they’re ready to be put together.
The frame is beyond durable and is designed for absorbing sound and vibration. There’s no creaking or other sounds that you might expect from wood components. It has a low center of gravity that keeps the rower in place while exerting full rowing power. The polycarbonate water tank is equally durable and practically indestructible. The Classic Rower doesn’t have any moving parts that can wear out, or belts and pulleys that need to be maintained.
EASE OF USE
The Classic Rowing Machine is designed is extremely easy to use. Additionally, it has a lot of comfort features in its design. It has an ergonomically shaped handle and paddedheel rests that accommodate nearly everyone. Everything on the machine can be adjusted quickly. Because there are no movement parts, maintenance is minimal. Even the computer has a lot of one button operations, so the minute you have the rower assembled, you can get to work.
Assembly of the Classic Rowing Machine is a snap. The machine comes with detailed, step-by-step instructions and tools to put it together quickly. A lot of the parts are loosely attached and you just need to put them together. Altogether, the rower can be assembled as quickly as 15 minutes, and no reviewer commented in taking more than an hour.
Not a lot to complain about on the Classic rower, but when searching for drawbacks of this rowing machine, the S4 Monitor is the one thing that occasionally comes up. It’s rather basic and it isn’t backlit. Regardless, the monitor has all necessary tracking and features for getting an excellent workout, and in normal lighting there is no problem reading the display.
CAN YOU HANDLE THE WHOOSH?
The Classic Rowing Machine is generally quiet for a water resistance machine, but some users believed that it was a little noisy. Like all rowers, whether it’s a flywheel or a waterwheel, there is going to be noise. The more effort that you put into it, the louder it’s going to get. And most find it motivating to hear the water paddles get louder as they burn more calories.
FINAL WORD ON THE WATERROWER CLASSIC ROWING MACHINE:
The WaterRower Classic Rowing Machine is an amazing and long-term investment in your health, as well as the beauty of your home décor. For the money, the durability, quality and guarantee to have a great rowing machine for a very long time. On top of that, this machine provides a level of comfort that will allow you to extend your workouts for an ultimate experience. Highly recommended.