Winter season is usually portrayed in TV as a lovely season. Kids play in the snow, where they throw snowballs and make snow angels while adults are busy preparing for the incoming Christmas Day and doing last-minute shopping. However, this is only one-side of the story. The other side of the winter season is not that great. Car owners have to deal with great difficulty in starting up their engines and the snow on the road. All people have to be careful in walking the streets if they don’t want to slip and fall.
There are several ways to safely walk in the snow. First, you have to choose the right footwear by making sure that have heavy tread. Plus, you should use traction cleats that you can put on your shoes. Below is our list of top 10 best traction cleats for snow and ice. Second, be sure that you are visible to other people, especially people who are driving their cars. Third, make sure you can hear approaching traffic and other noises. Lastly, be careful when shifting your weight to avoid falling.
- 1 10. DRYGUY GRIPONS ICE AND SNOW TRACTION
- 2 Click here for current price and more details
- 3 9. OUTERSTAR ICE & SNOW GRIPS OVER SHOE/BOOT TRACTION CLEAT RUBBER SPIKES
- 4 Click here for current price and more details
- 5 8. WAYPOR TRACTION CLEATS
- 6 Click here for current price and more details
- 7 7. SNOW ICE TRACTION NO SLIP GRIP SPIKES
- 8 Click here for current price and more details
- 9 6. ALPS ICEGRIPS SNOW TRACTION GEAR
- 10 Click here for current price and more details
- 11 5. DUE NORTH EVERYDAY G3 ICE AND SNOW TRACTION AID
- 12 Click here for current price and more details
- 13 4. KAHTOOLA MICROSPIKES FOOTWEAR TRACTION
- 14 Click here for current price and more details
- 15 3. ICETREKKERS DIAMOND GRIP TRACTION CLEATS
- 16 Click here for current price and more details
- 17 2. STABILICERS LITE WALKER
- 18 Click here for current price and more details
- 19 1. YAKTRAX WALKER TRACTION CLEATS FOR SNOW AND ICE
- 20 Click here for current price and more details
10. DRYGUY GRIPONS ICE AND SNOW TRACTION
Improve your traction on ice and snow and reduce slip and fall potential using DryGuy GripOns Ice and Snow Traction. This is made of high-quality rustproof steel spikes located under the ball and heel of your foot, which provides excellent grip on slippery surfaces. It can stretch easily to fit over any type of shoe or boot but you should buy one size larger for thick-sole work boots. You can easily carry this and store in your luggage because it is compact and flexible.
9. OUTERSTAR ICE & SNOW GRIPS OVER SHOE/BOOT TRACTION CLEAT RUBBER SPIKES
You can safely catch fish, hunt, walk, jog, or hike even during winter with the help of OuterStar Ice & Snow Grips Over Shoe/Boot Traction Cleat Rubber Spikes. This anti-slip shoe covers greatly help to avoid falling and slipping incident and is fit for men and women. It is made of TPE thermoplastic elastomer and special non-slip steel studs, which are odorless and flexible to -40°C. This traction cleat is easy to put on and remove to fit boots, sneakers, casual, and dress shoes.
8. WAYPOR TRACTION CLEATS
Enjoy adventurous winter sports using WAYPOR Traction Cleats. It is made of 10 stainless steel cleats and high-quality TPE shoe cover. These materials are 100% environment-friendly, which means it is recyclable and reusable. The ergonomic design of this traction cleat makes it fit the shoe sole perfectly and offer you the protection you need from slippery ice and snow surfaces.
7. SNOW ICE TRACTION NO SLIP GRIP SPIKES
Get a grip wherever you walk and remove the fear and pain during winter seasons with the help of Snow Ice Traction No Slip Grip Spikes. It is composed of ¼” stainless steel studs that sink into packed snow and ice; 10 points traction (6 circular patterned front studs and 4 square patterned heel studs) that cover your weight distribution; and slip-on design, where you insert your shoe’s toe in the front loop and pull the easy-to-stretch rubber heel tip to snug over the back of your shoe.
6. ALPS ICEGRIPS SNOW TRACTION GEAR
For sports enthusiasts, the Alps Icegrips Snow Traction Gear is a perfect choice. This is specially designed for hiking in snowy or icy mountains. It has a strong natural rubber material with durable spiked traction that prevents slipping and falling on snow and ice conditions. Moreover, it is easy to get on and off with its lightweight constructions. Lastly, it is portable because you can fold it up to fit in your pocket.
5. DUE NORTH EVERYDAY G3 ICE AND SNOW TRACTION AID
If you need urban and light-duty casual, dress, or athletic footwear for your winter activities, you can pair it with Due North Everyday G3 Ice and Snow Traction Aid. It has a new and improved design of 360-degree spike pattern that provides more push and lateral grip. This is made of a special rubber compound that stays strong and retains its elasticity in subzero temperatures for maximized durability. Lastly, it has a unique support hole on heel strap that provides easy adjustment and makes it easy to put on and take off.
4. KAHTOOLA MICROSPIKES FOOTWEAR TRACTION
Walk easily in any terrain with snow and ice with the help of Kahtoola’s MICROspikes Footwear Traction. You can easily carry it and put in your pack, pocket, or bag so in case that you encounter a challenging terrain like gravel, ice, snow, wet rocks, slick sidewalks, you can easily walk on it. This traction has 12 stainless steel spikes, which is 3/8-inch length, per foot in all sizes. It doesn’t have any special straps or laces – simply slip it on your shoes and start walking.
3. ICETREKKERS DIAMOND GRIP TRACTION CLEATS
People who live in snowy and ice countries definitely need ICETrekkers Diamond Grip Traction Cleats. You can easily walk in different kinds of surfaces from the icy surface to gravel, rock, and mud. Its features include: materials that made of case-hardened steel alloy; the grip’s patented diamond beads have hundreds of biting edges that grip in all directions, making it almost impossible to slip; it has elastic rubber sling that makes it easy to put on and take off and it is durable that remains elastic even in subzero temperature; and self-clearing design that prevents snow and ice build-up.
2. STABILICERS LITE WALKER
Stride naturally through winter’s worst conditions using STABILicers Lite Walker. This is ideal for people who spend their day walking on the streets. It has non-replaceable multi-directional steel cleats that bite into ice and snow. You can easily carry it – just roll it up and put in your bag so you are always ready during winter. Other features included are: full feet slip protection with heel and forefoot cleats; it is made up of lightweight TPE Elastomer; and traction tread outsole and cleats that simultaneously contact all walking surface.
1. YAKTRAX WALKER TRACTION CLEATS FOR SNOW AND ICE
The Yaktrax Walker Traction Cleats for Snow and Ice is perfect for pedestrians, professionals, and elderly people who need to venture in slippery sidewalks during the winter seasons. It provides stability and reduces the risk of falls and injuries while walking to school, work, or just in your front yard. These traction cleats have the following features:
- 360-degree of traction with patented skid lock coil system
- Abrasion resistant 1.2mm steel coils
- Spikeless and ultra-lightweight design
- It is made of poly elastomer blend