Do you have sensitive skin that is prone to acne? Most people with the same problem find it difficult to use skin moisturizers with the fear of worsening the condition. Yes, not all moisturizers are recommendable for use by people with acne prone skins. Even though every skin needs to be moisturized to retain and maintain the skin health, the acne filled skins requires special moisturizers. With acne prone skin, it is a bit tricky, and one needs to source for a moisturizer that would maintain proper hydration without clogging the pores further. However, there are various factors to consider before deciding on which moisturizer to use for your acne prone skin.
- 1 What are the Characteristics of The Best Moisturizers for Acne Prone Skins?
- 2 10. Cetaphil Dermacontrol Moisturizer SPF 30
- 3 9. Derma E Very Clear Moisturizer
- 4 8. Clinique Acne Solutions
- 5 7. Boscia Oil-Free Daily Hydration SPF 15
- 6 6. Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Moisturizer
- 7 5. Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture SPF 35
- 8 4. Burt’s Bees Natural Acne Solutions lotion
- 9 3. Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer
- 10 2. Jurlique Calendula Cream
- 11 1. Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer
What are the Characteristics of The Best Moisturizers for Acne Prone Skins?
This question may have varied answers given that there is no particular moisturizer for all acne skins. However, the right moisturizer for you solely depends on your skin type. However, there are some universal characteristics of the best moisturizers for acne skins as follows:
- Oil-Free Moisturizers: Research by American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) Scholar, Kristen Hall-Geister highlights that those with acne and oily skin can benefit from oil-free products that only hydrates the skin without leaving further layers of more oil on top of the complexion that has excess oil already.
- Moisturizer with SPF: Dr. Mehmet Oz of the popular Dr. Oz show once stated that apart from using lightweight lotions to avoid over-moisturizing acne prone skin one should also go for moisturizers with sun protection to protect the skin from further irritation. Moisturizers with SPF would prevent damage that can be caused by the harsh UVA/UVB rays
- Natural Moisturizers: Loading one’s skin with chemicals, whether the skin is acne filled or normal is not recommended. For acne prone skins, loading your face with the artificial chemicals would worsen the condition and for normal skin, one might develop skin conditions such as acne. It is, therefore, good to go for moisturizers with natural ingredients irrespective of your skin type.
10. Cetaphil Dermacontrol Moisturizer SPF 30
When it comes to controlling acne, there is no necessity of becoming fancy. The best thing to do is to stick to the basics and monitor the condition. Cetaphil Dermacontrol Moisturizer SPF 30 would give you the best experience without worsening your skin condition further. You cannot doubt a recommendation by professional dermatologists. Why is this product recommendable? This moisturizer contains the healing zinc, ceramic, and the oleosome technology that protects the natural moisture of the skin and also fight the acne at the same time. It has a 3-in-1 formula that enables it to provide UVA/UVB protection and matte finish for the skin. Furthermore, past users experienced smoothening of rough spots and reduction of red by using this product.
9. Derma E Very Clear Moisturizer
Lavender, chamomile, tea tree rosewood, and willow bark are all blemish-fighting ingredients that are found in Derma E Very Clear Moisturizer. This product is, therefore, a naturally perfect choice especially for those who suffer from acne prone skin. The anti-bacterial content of this moisturizer does not only treat but also heals the blemishes. It also has other hydrating ingredients that soothe and also restores the skin balance without clogging the pores or over-moisturizing the skin.
8. Clinique Acne Solutions
This is a powerful and soothing lotion from Clinique with power to seals off acne-causing agents and also sooth the skin. Its medicinal value helps fight blemishes and other bacteria without leaving your skin dry. It is 100% fragrance-free and allergy free too. Its moisturizing effect will leave you with a smooth complexion. Just within 3 days of using this product will reduce the blemishes by 37%. Get your order today and stay soft and healthy.
7. Boscia Oil-Free Daily Hydration SPF 15
When it comes to moisturizing of acne prone skin, SPF is a necessity. Boscia Oil-Free Daily Hydration SPF 15 is oil free as the name suggests and, therefore, ideal for acne skin. Besides hydrating your skin, it also offers protection to your skin against UVA/UVB rays. It is also one of the best for wrinkled skins and can remove pores and fine lines from the skin. Furthermore, it has anti-bacterial content that helps in fighting germs that cause skin breakouts.
6. Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Moisturizer
This is what you need to mix treatment with beauty. Using this powerful treatment from philosophy is an assurance for the best outcome. It has an antimicrobial formula that eliminates acne-causing bacteria immediately as the oligopeptide-1o and salicylic acid keeps your skin clear and healthy. What more do you need? Of course, it provides an oil control that adds to the beautiful matte finish.
5. Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture SPF 35
Neutrogena can be ranked as the most ideal for those people who have suffered from the problem of acne for some time. It is preferable due to its soothing effect that provides a great relief to the affected skin. Apart from healing the acne, this product will also keep your skin safe from sun burns and harsh environment owing to its helioplex technology. Besides, it has all the features that characterizes a good moisturizer; non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, and fragrance-free.
4. Burt’s Bees Natural Acne Solutions lotion
Is there any other natural solution with natural ingredients rather than Burt’s Bees? If there are some, then this one remains one of the best in that category. Burt’s Bees Natural Acne Solutions Moisturizing Lotion acts by combating acne with a naturally derived salicylic effect and also soothes skin. Furthermore, it calms the redness with its powerful ingredients like lemongrass, golden seal, witch hazel, and hops.
3. Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer
This moisturizer is also a great one when it comes to fighting acne, however, it is not recommended for oily skin. It has soothing effect and healing effect that will leave your skin smooth and shiny. It is safe to use and has content of non-comedogenic and oil-free ingredients. After using Aveeno, you will start feeling wonderfully supple and soft on your skin. In case you need to improve your skin clarity and prevent breakouts, then you should consider purchasing Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer.
2. Jurlique Calendula Cream
Jurlique Calendula Cream is infused with the soothing and healing components for treatment of acne. It also has ingredients like aloe Vera and avocado for soothing moisture. This is the universal moisturizer for all types of acne skin be it oily or not. This cream also reduces the redness and the most severe conditions.
1. Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer
Do you have dry or oily skin? Do you have normal or sensitive skin? Have you ever tried other moisturizers and the acne problem remained? Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer is what you need. This cream has 0.5% salicylic acid needed in treatment of acne. After using this product, the feeling that it leaves is that of hydrated and refreshed skin.
Incoming search terms:
- best face cream for oily acne prone skin
- whats the best lotion for acne for oily skin