If you have a very sensitive and unusual blood pressure, you surely need to have your blood pressure monitor which will let you check your blood pressure anytime you need. A blood pressure monitor must always be accurate because it will affect more in your health, better choose the best blood pressure monitor tool with this review so that you can assure your health safety. These top 10 best blood pressure monitor in 2018 review, has the descriptions with positive and negative sides which is the best possible way to help you select the tool that will fit you at all times.
- 0.1 Blood Pressure Monitor Buying Guide
- 0.2 Who Needs Home Blood Pressure Monitor?
- 0.3 Types of Home Monitors
- 0.4 Pros
- 0.5 Cons
- 0.6 Pros
- 0.7 Cons
- 0.8 Features to Consider before Purchasing a HBP Monitor
- 1 10. Slight Touch Wrist Digital Blood Pressure Monitor
- 2 9. MeasuPro Easy Read Automatic Digital Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
- 3 8. Slight Touch ST-401 Automatic Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
- 4 7. (Large Cuff) Easy Home Digital Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
- 5 6. Omron 3 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
- 6 5. Omron 3 Series Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor (Model BP629)
- 7 4. Omron 10 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor (BP785N)
- 8 3. Omron 5 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor (BP742N)
- 9 2. Omron BP652N 7 Series Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
- 10 1. Omron 10 Series Wireless Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor (BP786N)
Blood Pressure Monitor Buying Guide
The silent killer- high blood pressure still has no obvious symptoms although it lives among us. How can you tell whether you have the disease or not? The only way is to test using the blood pressure monitor. Whether you have been diagnosed with hypertension or not, you need the blood pressure monitor to keep your health on track. Home testing is preferable to test at the doctor’s office regarding reliability and efficiency.
Who Needs Home Blood Pressure Monitor?
Did you know that your blood pressure does rise with each heartbeat and falls with the relaxation of the heart between beat. For this reason, the single monitor done at the doctor’s office is never sufficient. The numerous monitoring taken at home offers consistency and is best for the following individuals or groups:
- Patients who are in the initial high blood pressure treatment in order to determine the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Patients that needs close monitoring. Such patients include coronary heart diseases patients, kidney disease, and diabetes patients.
- Pregnant women who have developed a pregnancy-induced high blood pressure
- Patients who had high readings at the doctor’s office and would like to establish the truth and the progress of the condition.
- People who become nervous very fast. Such people might become nervous and record wrong and misleading readings. Such people need to test at home.
Types of Home Monitors
Home blood pressure monitors are in two categories; arm-cuff and wrist-cuff. However, irrespective of the type, the best considerations to make are features, performance, price, style, and others.
i. Arm Monitors
Arm monitors automatically inflate the cuff to display the readings. Some of the monitors in this category have risk category indicators that warn on high readings. Most of the modern types of arm monitors have the feature of downloading the result to a computer to enhance easy sharing with your doctor.
- Some current models have multiple user memories that make it easy for use by more than one person in the same household.
- The accuracy of the readings requires correct fitting of the cuff; not too tight, not too loose or else inaccurate readings.
ii. Wrist Monitors
Wrist monitors are fixed around the wrist and are fully automatic. However, comparing the two, wrist monitors may be less accurate than the arms monitors.
- The pressure at the wrist is sensitive and depends on with the body position hence might not be accurate if the cuff is not placed at the heart level.
Features to Consider before Purchasing a HBP Monitor
i. Check the Fit
The efficiency and accuracy of the readings depend on the fit, and it should not be too tight or loose. Therefore, ensure that the cuff fits perfectly to the arm or wrist. Some monitors have two cuffs, and some have adjustable cuffs that can fit a broad range of sizes.
ii. Choose One The Easy to Use One
An easy to read display and large conspicuous buttons are characteristics of a good monitor to buy. You also need to go for a monitor that has clear directions of use.
iii. Identify the Features You Need
You need to consider the particular feature of the monitor that you need. Some of the features that one can look for are: multiple user memories, irregular heartbeat detector, multiple cuffs, risk category indicator, readings download capability, data averaging, and large digit display. These are some of the features that different blood pressure monitoring machines have.
iv. Consider Cost
Another guiding factor is the cost especially the cost of the same model by different sellers. There is no need of buying what costs $40 when you can get it at $25. Besides, you need to go for what you can afford.
10. Slight Touch Wrist Digital Blood Pressure Monitor
Slight Touch’s blood pressure monitor for the wrist is an FDA approved that will let you monitor your blood pressure easily. It has an extra large LCD with quiet inflation method. This product has a large memory to store up to 60 readings each, for two people with average last three results. It also checks the irregular heartbeat plus a who indicator. To get the most accurate test results; test the same time every day, put the cuff on the right place on your wrist. Use your left wrist closer to our heart and 30 minutes before testing, exercise, smoke, eat or drink. This blood pressure monitor product has a deluxe carry case and powered by two pieces of AAA battery which are already included in the package.
- Excellent and accurate BP monitor
- Has an enormous display
- Digital making job easier
- Ideal for persons with significant arms
- It has a case and battery ready
- Instructions are easy to understand
9. MeasuPro Easy Read Automatic Digital Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
MeasuPro’s blood pressure monitor has an advanced one step measuring technique that makes blood pressure tracking quick and straightforward. Just pressing one button, the automatic inflate technology cuff to the appropriate level. Gets an accurate blood pressure monitor reading in a matter of minutes. The cuff fits wrist perimeter of 13.5cm to 21.5 cm. this product is compact, portable and quiet. Also, this blood pressure monitor stores up to 120 readings, 60 users per readings, stored data includes blood pressure, pulse rate and date and time measurement. MeasuPro is dedicated to giving their customers 100% satisfaction rate and two-year warranty period.
- It has a blood pressure log records up to 120 records
- Shows accurate reading
- Has a compact design
- Includes two pieces of AAA batteries
- Easy to use
- Easy to set up with easy to follow instructions
- The front buttons are easy to hit accidentally
- The Velcro that is holding the strap may not be very durable
8. Slight Touch ST-401 Automatic Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
This Slight Touch’s automatic blood pressure monitor is FDA approved for extra large LCD with quiet inflation method. Its large memory is capable of storing up to 30 readings each for four people, with an average last three results. This product can also detect the irregular heartbeat and WHO indicator. At the same time, it has included a deluxe carry case and four pieces of AA batteries in the package. Its battery will last about two months with three tests a day and to get the most accurate results in testing. While doing the testing, sit in a relaxed position with your feet placed straight in front of you and your arm is resting on the table, also avoid crossing your legs.
- Easy to use
- Have an included four pieces of AA batteries
- Shows accurate results
- The display is easy to read
- Ideal for daily use
- Has a deluxe carry case
- Not recommended for enormous arms
- Needs a doctor to calibrate the settings
7. (Large Cuff) Easy Home Digital Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
This blood pressure monitor from Easy Home will let you monitor and measures your blood pressure along with pulse rate and the automatic Easy-to-use one-button measuring technique. This product is FDA approved and Easy Home is very confident that you will love this product which they also offer two years product replacement guarantee. Moreover, it has advanced hypertension indicator color codes that show the systolic and diastolic readings in green for normal, orange for prehypertension and red for hypertension. It also detects the irregular heartbeat and alerts the user for the abnormality. This product is design for two user use, which memory recalls for up to 120 measurements, 60 records per user with an average of past three measurements. Also, it has a unique design for the practical home, office, and clinical use that makes it convenient to utilize and store.
- Very sturdy and durable design
- The screen is easy to read
- The cuff has a significant amount of real Velcro
- Controls are simple and easy to use
- Nothing is complicated
- The digital display has large numbers
- Light and compact
- Batteries are easy to install and change
6. Omron 3 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
Omron is the number 1 brand that doctors and pharmacist recommended a brand. It’s a number 1 manufacturer of blood pressure monitors for 40 years. This product is feel empowered by accuracy with precise which you can trust. It receives quick and accurate results with the touch of one button. Also, it alerts you instantly if an irregular heartbeat is detected while your blood pressure is being measured. You can track your health at home with the ability to review the last 14 readings.
- Very simple device
- Easy to read monitor
- Lightweight and compact
- Easy to use
- Accurate but very sensitive
- Does not include batteries
5. Omron 3 Series Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor (Model BP629)
This model BP629 of Omron has large memory storage of up to 60 with date and time stamp that allows reviewing readings with the touch of a button. This product is tested and validated for its accuracy. In an instance, it has a hypertension indicator that advises if your readings exceed internationally together recognized guidelines for normal blood pressure levels while on the other hand, the irregular heartbeat detector alerts you of your irregular heartbeats while your blood pressure is taken. Likewise, it has advanced averaging features that automatically displays the average of up to last three readings taken within the last 30 minutes. The package includes one three series blood pressure monitor, storage case, quick start guide, instruction manual and 2 AA batteries.
- Extremely accurate and dependable
- Easy to use
- It only takes 10 seconds
- Perfect for taking blood pressure and heart rate
4. Omron 10 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor (BP785N)
This Omron’s 10 with model number BP785N is feeling empowered by accuracy with exclusive TruReadTM technology that automatically takes three consecutive readings one minute apart and calculate the average. This product is comfortable and straightforward to adjust; the pre-formed ComFitTm Cuff inflates around the entire arm to avoid incorrect cuff positioning ensuring a precise reading and expandable cuff fits standard and large arms. Also, it has easy to read screen features a backlight, with extra large digits and multi-colored indicator lights that show how your reading compares to normal home blood pressure levels. It will track your health with increased memory storage thus allowing you to monitor the last 200 readings.
- The backlight is very helpful
- AC adapter is included allowing to save money on batteries
- Easy to set up
- Easy to use
- Keeps a record of two individuals
- The time can be adjusted after three readings in immediate succession
- Has a quick start guide
- No carry case included in the package
3. Omron 5 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor (BP742N)
This Omron 5 model BP742N has a feeling of empowerment by the accuracy with the use of technology that automatically displays the average in your last three readings taken within 10 minutes. This product will let you quickly see how your reading compares to normal home blood pressure levels with the BP level indicator. Also, it alerts you instantly if an irregular heartbeat is detected while your blood pressure is being measured. It has an increase memory storage that allows you to monitor and store the last 100 readings for more than one person.
- Placing the cuff is very simple
- Very accurate
- Easy to use
- Has 4 AA batteries included
- Has a quick start guide
- The cuff is high quality
- Power cord is not included
- Does not have a travel sleeve
2. Omron BP652N 7 Series Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
This Omron’s seven series with model number BP652N is tested and validated for accuracy the same as all Omron upper arm blood pressure monitor. It has heart zone guidance that helps ensure consistently accurate readings by activating the monitor when your wrist is at heart level. It has a detector for irregular heartbeat detector that alerts you of the irregular heartbeat while your blood pressure is being taken. It also features ultra silent inflation, has a blood pressure level indicator bar and advanced averaging. More so, it has 100 memory storage with date and time stamp allows you to review readings at the touch of a button.
- Accurate and convenient
- Easy to use
- There is no delay of waiting to inflate the cuff
- Also, works on the wrist
- Makes some noise
1. Omron 10 Series Wireless Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor (BP786N)
This best-selling Omron’s ten series blood pressure monitor with model number BP786N manages and track up to 100 readings on your BP monitor and extensive readings with the use of your smartphone with Omron’s free iOS and Android App. This product has multi-colored indicator lights which clearly shows how your reading compares to normal home blood pressure levels. Likewise, it helps you track your health with memory storage allowing you to monitor significantly and store the last 200 records of readings for more than one person. Also, this blood pressure product will let you feel empowered by accuracy having the kind of technology that automatically displays all the average of your last three readings within the last 10 minutes.
- Easy to use
- The display is easy to read
- Heavy duty build
- You can use a smartphone app
- Automatically starts uploading data
- Accurate and consistent